Tuesday 29 July 2014

Motherhood through the ages..


Mother's Day this year was indeed very special to me. Not only is it the 100th anniversary this year commemorating the birth of this day called Mother's Day, I became a mother to another baby too. Adriana was born on the morning of 13th May 2014. For me, she is the perfect Mother's Day gift.

I would like to share these images which were released by Ken Heyman, an 83 year-old photographer as a gift to the 100th Anniversary of Mother's Day, that have touched my heart.

Many of these photographs were taken for a book Heyman created with anthropologist Margaret Mead in 1965 called Family. These images perfectly capture the love, pride, hopes and dreams that universally binds all mothers. Mothers are multi-tasking, worrying, laughing, caring, and most importantly totally infatuated with their little ones.

As I looked through these images, I could not help but find myself repeatedly asking, do I have what it takes to be a Mother?





Written by: Dr Debbie Hong

No comments:

Post a Comment